Tips for Home Buyers In A Hurricane Zone
Home Buyers In A Hurricane Zone
Hurricane Zone: Buying a home in Southeastern Louisiana can be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately the ugly side of home ownership is dealing with loss. With that said, buying a home beat renting any day. While there are no good ways to protect yourself from natural disasters, the are things that can be done to minimize your loss. See below for useful tips on hurricane safety for home buyers.
5 Tips for Buying a Home in a Hurricane Zone
With the help of USAA Insurance, We have outline 5 Tips for buying a home in a hurricane Zone.
- Determine your risk for loss due to Acts of God.
- Get multiple insurance quotes to insure best coverage and best cost.
- If you have an older home have it inspected to determine to suitability and structural integrity for withstanding a hurricane.
- To further strengthen structural integrity, install upgrades:
- Metal Hurricane Straps
- Windows & Doors
- Storm Panels and Shutters
- Consider Gap Coverage insurance: Check with your insurance company to assess your current policy and to increase coverage if necessary.
- 7 Steps to Follow When Buying A Home Posted by